Here’s what you need to know and instructions to follow post-Oculoplastics Surgery. Minor pain and burning are normal for a few days after surgery. Expect oozing from the incisions for a few days after surgery. Bruising may be significant and should improve during the first week after surgery.
- Keep incisions dry for 24 hours after surgery.
- Use cold packs for 20 minutes 4-6 times per day for the first few days and keep your head elevated on several pillows when resting to prevent swelling.
- After the swelling is mostly gone, hot packs can help with bruising. Use them twice a day.
- Apply the ophthalmic ointment to the incision sites twice a day until you have your follow-up appointment with your surgeon.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your surgeon.
Want to learn more about eyelid surgery? Read: