Our patients often ask how to prepare for your Oculoplastics Surgery. In short here are the 5 steps to help make your experience smooth.
- We may ask you to discontinue the use of blood thinners 1 week prior to surgery, depending on co-management with your primary care doctor.
- Work with us to schedule a pre-operative appointment with your primary care doctor to clear you for surgery.
- Please do any heavy lifting before surgery. Afterward, we may ask you not to lift more than 10-15 lbs to avoid any straining that may affect your results.
- Get those vacations done! Do NOT use hot tubs or swimming pools for 2-4 weeks following surgery.
- Pick up medications that you may need following your surgery ahead of time.
Following these 5 easy steps will help ensure you achieve the results you want as smoothly as possible.
Want to learn more about eyelid surgery? Read: