The top five reasons patients need eyelid surgery or oculoplastics are listed below.
- Drooping Eyelid – A droopy lid can block peripheral vision.
- Growth – Some patients may want a growth removed for comfort, to relieve blocked vision or cosmetic reasons.
- Injury – Sometimes even a hockey or golfing injury can disfigure eyelids. The eyelid injury may need reconstruction to ensure the lid is working properly.
- Dry eye – If your eye doesn’t blink completely, the lower portion may be exposed to dry air all day. This can cause dry eyes and cause discomfort.
- Tearing – Eyelids that turn outward or inward may not be moving your tears across your eyes as they should. Surgery may decrease or eliminate this symptom.
Want to learn more about eyelid surgery? Read:
Learn more about oculoplastics and eyelid surgery on our page. Contact your eye doctor or call 218.720.3553 to schedule an appointment.